Thursday, April 8, 2010 The Preterite Returns

To quote Bender Bending Rodríguez, "I'm back, baby."

And I've got a job again. Working for the same people who laid me off last year.

Stockholm syndrome aside, it's a great relief to be back among the ranks of the employed. Fourteen months is a long time to be without a source of income. I read somewhere that the Japanese believe that a man's 42nd year is the worst of his life; all I know is that I never want to go through that again. I was hanging on by my fingernails towards the end.

Hopefully that is all behind me now. And with the promise of a regular paycheck and full benefits, I can once again muster the enthusiasm to post silly stories about zombie strippers and kung fu monkeys.

But mostly, I came back just to share this:



Great Thing, or Greatest Thing Ever? I love the utterly disinterested Joker and the use of the original Batman music.

Parts 1 & 3 of this opus can be found here and here. The kid's bedroom in part 1 is exactly how I picture my cousin Mikey's room. Only with boobies instead of Batstuff.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was more entertaining than any of the 60's episodes. I even caught myself laughing. M