Monday, June 29, 2009 Burglary Update

The locks have been changed on the exterior doors and I'll be picking up the new gate locks today. (Went last night, but the ones I got were too big for the holes. Hurrhurr.) My mom talked to her boss at work, and it turns out she can get a discount from an alarm company that is owned by the same corporation. They might be out here as soon as today. My landlord is having someone come out today to replace the locks on my apartment, and Mike had his locks changed yesterday. Now we just need to track down someone to replace the upstairs door, and Mike and I need to get the locks on our cars changed. As long as they didn't raid my place last night, we've weathered the immediate storm.

But my mom and cousin will be living here on their own. While my mom is putting on a brave face, my cousin is freaking out. (I think she's been turning agoraphobic for a while now.) My mom just went upstairs to check on my cousin, and she's not there. Instead of being here for the woman who is essentially supporting her, she left last night without letting us know. Yeah, it's not safe enough for you to stay, so leave the 62-year-old lady on her own.

I'm going home today to get some clothes and my new keys, but I'll be staying at my mom's as much as possible this week.

0 comments: