Friday, September 12, 2008 Malignant Monkey Mojo

My buddy Garz sent out this e-mail on Sunday (09/07/08):
My Saturdays are pretty normal. I go to work at 9 and come near 9pm. Sometime within the 12 hours I'm at work I sell a car or two. Today was no different. I come home at about 9:20 and I see something on the porch. I can't quite make it out from the headlights alone. I get out of the car and I see a rather large (about 2 ft high) clay bust of a chimpanzee. I had to touch it to make sure it was real. I went in the house - no note about the monkey. SO I had some late dinner and went to sleep. 5 am comes around and Linda calls me to tell me she made it to work. I ask her about the monkey, she has zero clue. 8 am comes around. I start to open up the house and take a look. Yup its still there. I make Matt french toast and bacon, while he eats I actually go outside and take a look at my new chimpy friend. It is a statue made of clay that is a chimp bust. I lift it and it is damn heavy. I'm guessing 35 pounds and it was built on a frame work of 2-3 bricks. I move it to the side of my house and give Jeff a call. I'm guessing he went to 2 brothers brewery and dropped off the monkey. Nope. I call Hecky - Nope. Tom wont come west of RT 59 and tony don't drive. According to Hecky Mikeys too lazy to do it. Linda closed teh front door about 7pm and I got home at 930.... I'm going to guess it was just a random weird thing. I'm planning on painting it like the joker for Halloween. I did ask my neighbor to see if by chance he did it as a mild prank. He looked stunned. Nope. Linda was a little freaked out become someone came on to the stoop with the kids at home.... I don't think this was meant as a hostile thing.....

None of us had anything to do it with, but Mikey had a helpful suggestion:
It's a mating ritual/gift from a female big foot.

This was immediately agreed upon by all - I suggested that the bust was a representation of what his suitor thought their baby would look like - and the she-beast was dubbed "Snatchquatch". By Garz.

Later in the week, Garz sent out a photo of the thing, proving he takes pictures about as well as he types.


We were all creeped out by it. Garz has obviously been marked by... something.

0 comments: