Monday, October 3, 2011 We Are The 99 Percent

This is the scariest thing you will read this Halloween season:  http://wearethe99percent.tumblr.com/

"We are the 99 percent. We are getting kicked out of our homes. We are forced to choose between groceries and rent. We are denied quality medical care. We are suffering from environmental pollution. We are working long hours for little pay and no rights, if we're working at all. We are getting nothing while the other 1 percent is getting everything. We are the 99 percent." 

I have a crappy job that requires me to put in 10-20 hours of unpaid overtime every week and I realize how lucky I am.  I am frightened for my mom, for my family, and for my friends who are not as lucky.  And I worry about how one bad day can leave me homeless and jobless.  

Because all it takes is just one bad day to render meaningless all your careful planning, all your hard work, and all your good decisions.  If you are an average American - and not one of the wealthiest 1%  the GOP  are concerned about protecting - then you are just one bad day away from ending up like the people posting their stories to the Tumbl feed above.

And that should frighten you far more than any ghoul or ghost ever could.

http://www.occupytogether.org/

1 comments:

HEALTH CARE said...

Urgent need female for Egg donation with the sum of $500,000.00 3 crore,Email: jainhospitalcare@gmail.com
whatsapp +91 9945317569